Applying to private and parochial high schools in the competitive San Francisco Bay Area can be a challenging process for families of middle schoolers. The combination of staying on top of the application process, scheduling admissions events, prepping for the SSAT, shadowing, interviewing and writing personal statements can overwhelm students and their busy parents. It is critical that a student feel supported and guided in putting forth their best effort during the admissions process.
Immersed in the competitive culture, which characterizes many of the Bay Area’s K-8 schools, students are vulnerable to feeling inadequate or anxious about their prospects for high school and how they stack up against their peers during the application process. Coaching can make the difference for a student who wants to feel self-confident and well-prepared versus anxious and somehow less-than. Strategic, well-timed advice can also make the difference between a fair and excellent interview, shadow experience, and personal statement.
- Duration: 13-week program.
- Comprised of 6 modules + 1 follow-up appointment after admissions decisions have been received.
- Module content will be delivered in weekly video plus worksheet which Paige will review.
- Includes 3 hours of live coaching plus weekly checkins (15-20 minutes apiece).
- Paige will edit student's resume and personal statement (up to 3 versions of each).
- Paige will conduct a practice interview with the student plus provide feedback and coaching on same.
- Access to library of articles and videos containing insider info about various aspects of the HS admissions process.
The High School Admissions Package includes the following:
- Advice for assessing schools for “best fit”
- Interviewing skills from a former recruiter
- How to garner the most of out shadowing, and how to make the best impression when shadowing
- Brainstorming the best written responses for applications
- Time and information management – tracking the details, making time for what matters
- Editing the personal statement while maintaining the student’s authentic voice
- Preserving and enhancing self-esteem in the face of competition and adversity (answering the Do-I-measure-up question with a big inner Yes!)
- Referrals to local experts and resources for additional support
- The assurance that your child is well-poised for a successful admissions experience which will enhance their self-image during a time of potential vulnerability
- Your child’s best shot at receiving an acceptance letter from their top choice of high schools in March.
Dates, Cost, Registration deadline
- Cost: $
- Registration deadline: September 15th